• Advertisement

2017 Hustler

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: 2017 Hustler

Postby jerkputter123 » Sun May 05, 2024 7:23 pm

KE4AVB wrote:8.98mm diameter before flattening.

Thanks. I really appreciate . That 8.98 mm looks like its the same as .350 . Otherwise I can order him a couple from amazon after googling the numbers you provided. Seems others have the same problem reading the feedback at amazon on these. :D :D :D
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby jerkputter123 » Sun May 05, 2024 7:33 pm

I ordered that part number on amazon. Should be here by Wednesday. Thank you so much for helping with the part number. Tom
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby jerkputter123 » Sun May 05, 2024 7:53 pm

KE4AVB wrote:8.98mm diameter before flattening.

Maybe a little red loctite and a punch without removing this carburetor ? What you think KE4AVB ? I read over several posts on these carburetors and it seems like it happens a lot. Again thanks for the great help. Tom
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby bgsengine » Sun May 05, 2024 9:12 pm

Could clean it off real good to bare metal, install plug then coat over top and onto the aluminum body with a thin smear of 2-part 5 minute epoxy. It'd at the very least last longer than much else than staking the plug in place (which doing so could actually cause it to not seal) Or, install plug, stake lightly and then 2-part epoxy to seal?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby jerkputter123 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:24 pm

bgsengine wrote:Could clean it off real good to bare metal, install plug then coat over top and onto the aluminum body with a thin smear of 2-part 5 minute epoxy. It'd at the very least last longer than much else than staking the plug in place (which doing so could actually cause it to not seal) Or, install plug, stake lightly and then 2-part epoxy to seal?

Thanks. How about JB Weld ?
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Mon May 06, 2024 6:52 am

Personally I never had to seal a welch plug that I installed but I might have been lucky. I had several two carbs to get clogged because factory application of sealer coming loose. Now I seen where finger polish have been used when the metal is clean. Basically that is enamel paint.

I think the problem is the welch plug was probably undersized to start with. I only seen one these plugs to come out here and that where I researched this plug last June (2023). It took a few days searching to find it. Just about forgot that I did that but I did put a note on my system about they were for the bypass holes.

It sorta like I never hear about choke and throttle shafts wearing in two but I have that had three carbs to do it. Making custom bushing is a pain but still about cheaper then replacing the $600 carb.

Now the Kawasaki PN 92066-0780 does cross to John Deere UC12015 for future reference as I also have that as an alternate. Since JD changed their system I can no longer check local stock levels but the price each is $1.25 ea. The price those on Amazon includes shipping (IE their free shipping) which why they are so expensive. Here I just ordered them through my regular Kawasaki distributor which they were only $0.99 each list.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby jerkputter123 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:48 am

I got the welch plug installed last week. Only had to remove air clean and small tap with a punch and hammer. Problem solved. I didn't put any sealer on it . Just knocked it in. If it comes out again I might look at putting something around it . I really appreciate the help on getting the correct part KE4AVB. I couldn't have done it without your help. Tom
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Fri May 17, 2024 6:06 am

You're welcome.

And yesterday when I was ordering parts from RBI which include a few of the air bleed welch plugs I noticed even my distributor has a note about the larger welch plugs so it must be becoming a common issue.

Currently I going to hate their new online ordering system. It saying they got parts in stock when they don't. Good thing most of my order which I had call in due an invalid PN per the new site which was not. I mainly need one Gravely deck belt which they had in stock. One order one of the belts as I just don't see many BB belts used here yet.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum